Our Terms and Conditions of Sale
Terms and Conditions
Below you will find the terms and conditions that govern this website, its visitors, and all transactions therein.
The term "Wholesale Exotics" or "WholesaleExotics.com" or "us" or "we" refers to Backwater Reptiles, LLC. The terms "you" or "your" refers to the viewer or user of this website.
We are in no way responsible for the actions or demeanor of the animal(s) you purchase or receive through us. If you are bitten, stung, tail-whipped, clawed, or anything else relating to the animal, it is solely your responsibility and you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from any liability therein. We are not responsible for the actions of any animal once it is shipped. If you place an order, you are doing so at your own risk.
Local, State, and Federal Regulations
You expressly acknowledge that you are solely responsible for properly researching and adhering to all appropriate federal, state, and local laws which apply to your ownership of any and all animals that you may purchase through us. Specifically, you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from any responsibility or liability in relation to fulfilling your responsibility to both research and adhere to the appropriate federal, state, and local laws which apply to your ownership of any animal(s) that you may purchase through us. We highly recommend you consult your federal, state, and local laws which apply to your ownership of any animal(s) that you may purchase through us prior to such purchase.
The minimum wholesale order is $200. We do reserve the express right to limit or cancel orders if otherwise required by applicable federal, state, or local law.
You must be at least 18 years of age to place an order on this website. Agreeing to our terms signifies your adherence to this rule.
We do not guarantee the preferred gender of any reptile, amphibian, or invertebrate (if chosen), most notably with hatchling and juvenile animals. We do make a strong effort to select what you request, using decades of experience, but we are not always 100% accurate.
Acceptance and Acknowledgement
In order to successfully place an order with us, our system requires that you must accept all terms and conditions of this website by clicking "Yes" to the question "Do you accept our terms and conditions?" during the checkout process.
Undersize Turtle Regulation
Title 21, Code of Federal Regulations, Section 1240.62(b), as amended, prohibits any viable turtle eggs or live turtles with a carapace length of fewer than four inches to be sold, held for sale, or offered for commercial or public distribution. All turtles and tortoises made available through this website with a carapace length of fewer than four inches are sold for bona fide scientific, educational, or exhibition purposes only, in accordance with Title 21, Code of Federal Regulations, Section 1240.62(b), as amended. Your order will absolutely not be accepted without your acknowledgement of, and adherence to, the aforementioned undersize turtle regulations during the checkout process by clicking "Yes" to our terms and conditions, thus providing your digital agreement.
The term "turtles" as used in the controlling regulation means "all animals commonly known as turtles, tortoises, terrapins, and all other animals of the order Testudinata, class Reptilia, except marine species (families Dermachelidae and Chelonidae)." See Title 21, Code of Federal Regulations, Section 1240.62(a), as amended.
The only exceptions allowed by law are set forth in Title 21, Code of Federal Regulations, Section 1240.62(d), as amended, which permits:
1. The sale, holding for sale, and distribution of live turtles and viable turtle eggs for bona fide scientific, educational, or exhibitional purposes, other than as pets;
2. The sale, holding for sale, and distribution of live turtles and viable turtle eggs not in connection with a business;
3. The sale, holding for sale, and distribution of live turtles and viable turtle eggs intended for export only, provided that the outside of the shipping package is conspicuously labeled, "For Export Only;"
4. Marine turtles are excluded from this regulation in accordance with Title 21, Code of Federal Regulations, part 1240.62(a), as amended, and eggs of such turtles.
No person or entity may use this website's content including text, pictures, code, icons, and images. We search for violators breaking the law by stealing our intellectual property, which is fully protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). We will absolutely seek punitive damages for any and all violations. If you have seen our content on another website, please contact us immediately and if it is indeed a violation, you will receive 10% off your next order as a reward.
Links from this website to external websites or inclusion of advertisements do not constitute an endorsement by us of such sites or the content, products, advertising and other materials presented on such sites or of the products and service that are the subject of such advertisements, but are solely for your reference and convenience. You access them at your own risk. It is your responsibility to evaluate the content and usefulness of the information obtained from other websites.
Any dispute arising out of this website, by using this website, you expressly agree that any such dispute shall be governed by the laws of the State of California, without regard to its conflict of law provisions, and you also expressly agree and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts of the State of California, for the resolution of any such dispute.
Under no circumstances will we, our agents and employees, officers, directors, corporate partners, or participants be liable for any damages, including without limitation direct or indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages, losses or expenses arising in connection with this website, any information received from this website, any e-mail distributed to any user or any linked website or use thereof or inability to use by any party, or in connection with any failure or performance, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus or line or system failure, even if we, or representatives thereof, are advised of the possibility of such damages, losses or expenses. You release us and our agents, officers, directors, corporate partners, and employees from claims, demands and damages (actual or consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with any such disputes. This website and its content are provided "as-is" and we expressly disclaim any warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement.
Credit Card Chargebacks
We utilize a collection agency (IC Systems) to aggressively pursue all debts arising from customers acting outside the agree-upon terms and conditions. This includes chargebacks or disputes for non-guaranteed animals, fraudulent orders, and other customer initiated abuses.
The above terms and conditions govern your use of WholesaleExotics.com. By placing an order through WholesaleExotics.com, you are signifying your absolute compliance with our terms and conditions in their entirety. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, your order cannot be submitted, and we ask you not to use this website. The entire WholesaleExotics.com website is wholly owned and operated by Backwater Reptiles, LLC.
Copyright 2013 - Backwater Reptiles, LLC.
- Our Wholesale Reptiles for SaleOur wholesale reptiles for sale are comprised of both high quality imports as well as captive bred animals, all of which are sure to impress your customers. There are a number of magnificent species that not only capture our imaginations, but also educate us about our environment. We take great pride in the health and appearance of the reptiles we offer for sale, and as such, each order includes a full guarantee of live arrival. You can buy reptiles from us with confidence as our website is fully secured with certified SSL technology.
- Our Wholesale Amphibians for SaleOur wholesale amphibians for sale, including frogs, toads, newts, and salamanders, are some of the most popular herps from around the globe. We frequently attain rarely seen species such as sirens, axolotls, mossy frogs, and glass tree frogs, as well as many others. When you buy an amphibian from us, your order is covered by our live arrival guarantee, unlike many wholesalers.
- Our Wholesale Feeders for SaleOur wholesale feeders for sale include the most commonly utilized insects such as crickets, dubia roaches, mealworms, waxworms, fruit flies, superworms, as well as the less commonly seen feeders including baby mantids and live blackworms. Each insect order comes with a full guarantee of live arrival.